What does it mean to be a true Christian? Many people have tried to answer this question, quoting different verses from the Bible; but no one can answer it better than God Himself.
From the Word of God Proclamation 5547, we learn that:
- A true Christian acknowledges Jesus Christ as the Redeemer of the world.
- A true Christian has faith in Jesus.
- A true Christian follows Jesus Christ and keeps His commandments.
- A person lacking unselfish love will never be a true Christian, even if he declares himself as such before the world.
- That belonging to a church does not make a person a true Christian. Only living a life of love will make him so.
Love is the most important aspect of Christianity. Without love, one can never call oneself a true Christian.